Monday, December 15, 2008

If we could only dance....like this

I want to dance and really have fun doing it and have some tricks up our sleeves. I had an idea to bring in a square dance caller the night before for a fun kind of family icebreaker although I dont know how to square dance. I looked at some videos of wedding square dances and have rethought that one. Then I thought that country swing would be good to learn because I have always wanted to be able to do that crazy rubber-band arm spin swing to country music and old time music but it looks kind of boring when I watched that video. But Dave and I both agree that the funnest looking dance of all has to be lindy hop. So we might try to learn how to do it but I don't know how good we can get in 6 months and since I am recovering from a slipped disk I am a bit worried that all we will end up with is a very slow version of basic and none of the crazy jumps or spins that we are now fantasizing about. Check it out.

No comments: